I did this last year, and enjoyed it so will repeat it for this year.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Had an entire year as an adult without depression 🙂 Also, got an A in an AS Level exam 😛
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I mostly kept to them, and have made more (see previous post).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I know of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in England this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
My health would be nice…
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
26th December. I made a phone call to Sammie for her birthday and didn’t panic!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably improving my phone phobia, though passing my exams was cool too 😛
9. What was your biggest failure?
My body. It decided that it wasn’t already annoying me enough and made things a lot harder.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My M.E. got a lot worse, resulting in me being completely bedbound at times, and mostly bedbound for about half the year. Also lost the ability to walk completely, so when I could get out of bed I had to use the wheelchair. I also had some teeth taken out under a general anaesthetic, with one of them having been bothering me since 2010.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Sammie bought me a World’s Greatest Mummy cup. She also made me a penguin. (I do appreciate the penguins other people have given me this year, but Sammie wins. Sorry.)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Johan’s, for looking after me, and my friends on Twitter and AYME for being so nice, kind and understanding (that includes all of you with depression).
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
Most of the Tory and Lib Dem government.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and disability equipment.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What songs will always remind of 2011?
Forever Yours by Alex Day.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) fatter or skinnier?
Skinnier. I keep losing weight. I’m happy with it, and want it to stay the same now, but I don’t seem to have much control over it.
c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Pushing myself too hard.
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
I spent Christmas in bed, being waited on by Johan and watched Doctor Who. Happiness.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Nope, but I made some new friends who I love 🙂
22. How many one night stands?
Since I haven’t been able to get out without Johan all year, I’d wouldn’t have been able to even if I wanted to (which I don’t, as I have Johan).
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Still don’t hate anyone. Dislike the government.
25. What was the best book you read?
Either Sapphire Battersby or the Hunger Games series.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Alex Day and Chameleon Circuit.
27. What did you want and get?
Penguins! An A in my AS Computing. I also got the new television I wanted last year 😛
28. What did you want and not get?
My health to improve. Instead it got worse (I am not happy with you, body).
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Received a big DLA back payment, so bought a television 😛 I also ate Doctor Who cake. The day before I’d gone to Flamingo Land with Johan and college so got to go on the rides and see the penguins, which was awesome.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My health being better, though to be fair the year was very satisfying anyway 🙂
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Purple and pyjamas.
33. What kept you sane?
Chocolate, penguins and Twitter 🙂
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Summer Glau (still).
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The government making things even harder for poor, ill and disabled people. Stupid idiots.
36. Who do you miss?
Sammie, as I’ve not been well enough to see her this year, though I am in contact with her.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
All my new friends on Twitter and at AYME 😀
38. What was the best thing you ate?
I’m not sure. At times just being able to eat was amazing 😛
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
It’s a really good idea to listen to your body if you’re ill, otherwise it may rebel against you.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I can’t think of a song lyric 🙁 Giving up after about half an hour of trying to think of one.