A bit later than usual, but I enjoy doing this each year 🙂
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I was hoisted into bath for the first time while in a care home 🙂 Less never done before and more not done for a while, I managed to stand up and take three steps with my zimmer frame one day I had a lot less dizziness than normal 🙂
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I managed 3 and a bit. That’s not too bad going. I’ve got some new ones for this year I’ll be blogging about 🙁
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! A few friends gave birth during 2014 🙂
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No-one I was very close to died, but two friends from twitter did unexpectedly 🙁
5. What countries did you visit?
I went all way across the river Tyne to Newcastle for a hospital appointment! It was a massive adventure 😛
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Still want that hoist and shower chair 😛 The ability to go out without needing a stretcher would be nice.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I saw Sammie three times! I can’t remember the exact date of the first two visits (silly memory) but the second was on Christmas Eve so I think I’ll be able to remember that. Speaking to her on Christmas Day and her birthday was awesome too 🙂
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Standing up and walking three steps on the one good day I had all year 😛
9. What was your biggest failure?
My health again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
On top normal bedbound ME stuff, I had a pressure sore on my ear that took three months to disappear. That wasn’t fun.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Everything that people bought me was amazing 🙂 My favourite present (after seeing Sammie) was a purple penguin ornament she made me for Christmas 😀
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Johan was amazing as always. Sammie dealt with a difficult issue in a very mature way and I’m so proud of her for it.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
The government trying to screw the lives of sick, disabled and poor people even more than they already have.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, bills, disability stuff. Being an adult sucks in some ways.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sammie Talking to Sammie was amazing. Seeing Sammie was amazing. She is an amazing person. (Yes, this is a repeat from last year. Still true.) I also got excited about penguins 😀
16. What songs will always remind of 2014?
Spread the Hope. You can listen to it or buy it: http://spreadthehope.christmas/. It’s for four good charities to help sick children 🙂
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier. Spoke to Sammie loads!
b) fatter or skinnier?
A bit skinnier. This gaining weight business isn’t going so well.
c) richer or poorer?
Hard to tell. Johan got PIP but that’s his income rather than mine.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Having good days 😛
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Relapsing. Getting pressure sores.
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
I spent most of Christmas talking to Sammie. Johan was the one sleeping all day 😛 I had a lovely dinner made by Esther and opened presents and it was good 😀
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
I got more penguins I loved 😛 I still very much love Johan and Sammie 🙂
22. How many one night stands?
None. I had a 10 second stand 😛
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
Doctor Who and Great British Bake Off 🙂
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Still don’t hate anyone. I try to dislike actions rather than people. Like the actions of the government.
25. What was the best book you read?
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh 🙂
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Why so many questions on music? I need to get well enough to listen to some.
27. What did you want and get?
Lots of contact with Sammie 🙂 I saw her three times and spoke to her loads on Skype (whenever I was well enough to go on the computer during the day, pretty much). I also got a new, bigger telly so I can see things on it properly 🙂
28. What did you want and not get?
My health to improve, and a hoist so I could get out of bed. (Same as last year then. That hoist would be really helpful…)
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Despicable Me! Frozen was also good, and I liked Divergent (I think they’re the only films I actually watched, at least all the way through).
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Mostly slept. I got a McDonalds for tea, some awesome presents and Sammie sang to me on Skype, so it was a good day even though I was ill 🙂
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to get out of bed and my health improving. I was still very happy though.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Penguins and pyjamas. Sometimes even penguin pyjamas 😛
33. What kept you sane?
Penguins, Johan, Sammie and friends 🙂
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I didn’t get any new crushes.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Welfare reform stuff again. All the different ways the government is screwing over poor and/or disabled people.
36. Who do you miss?
Sammie (though the extra contact makes it easier) and my friends and family.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met Sue, a friend from Twitter!
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Hard one. The pork pie from French Oven, the festive dinner at Christmas and the birthday McDonalds are all up there (I’m not a sophisticated eater at all 😛 ).
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014?
Don’t get near a horny seal if you’re a penguin.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
If you’re happy and you know it, flap your hands 😀