Most years I try and set some goals for the year, and review last year’s goals to see how they went. These were last year’s goals:
- Have at least 2 baths or showers – Nope. Didn’t happen. Had none. The Event meant I didn’t go into a care home and Izzy was far too overwhelmed to try and give me a shower.
- Use a toilet or commode – Also a nope. Requires too much organisation for during The Event.
- Go out somewhere nice with Sammie – We had plans! I was gonna take her places! She was gonna go to a Theme Park with Izzy! Then The Event happened. She came over three times in total.
- Keep up with Daylio (my diary) – Partial yes. Had a period in June and July where it just got too overwhelming for a bit, but I managed it most of the year other than that.
- Make progress on my Stuff that Helps series – Another nope. I’m blaming The Event for it being too much.
- Sort out my Twitter – I started this, but failed miserably. I need to be ruthless and unfollow pretty much everyone I don’t interact with, but it’s scary.
- Get my room more organised – Nope. See The Event that prevented me getting someone in to help.
- Read 20 books – I did this one 🙂 Only one I fully completed.
So yeah, I wasn’t prepared for a pandemic causing massive upheaval, not having carers most of the year, and having to hide from the world even more than my normal. I think I’ll be more gentle with my goals this year.
- Don’t get Covid-19 – Obviously it’s very contagious, so it wouldn’t be anyone’s fault if I did get it, but as it’s likely to make me very ill we’re going to continue to basically shield and hopefully we’ll get vaccinated and then maybe I can think about going out further than that ramp again.
- Do more loom knitting – This is dependent on my hands cooperating and stuff, but I enjoy it and even if I only make things with the most basic e-wrap stitch, it will be good. Even finishing the arm warmers I’m working on currently will be a win.
- Plan getting my room more organised – Hopefully we’ll be able to actually do some of it, but if nothing else, planning to sort it out so I can just hand the plan over to someone when it’s safe for them to come in here will be helpful.
- Keep up with Daylio – Even if it’s just doing the mood portion. It does help.
- Read 20 books – Since I managed this last year, I’m hoping for the same this year 🙂
That’s enough to be getting on with. I do hope to use a toilet, get a bath or shower, go out with Sammie, and generally do more stuff, but after last year I think I’ll stick to ones that can be done even during a pandemic.