2019 was an interesting year. Apart from November, I didn’t blog much, but I did do some cool things. At the end of the year I improved quite a bit, which was awesome 🙂
1. What did you do in 2019 that you’d never done before?
Took Sammie to the cinema 🙂 That was awesome.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Goals, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t end up blogging my goals, so I can’t remember what they were. I’ll try and get them done this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A couple of online friends had super adorable babies in 2019.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one super close, but a few people I used to know well. Some weren’t surprising (though still sad), a couple were more unexpected.
5. Where did you visit?
Went into Newcastle in February on a date with Johan that involved trains and bridges. I finally saw the garden we have in April, and went on the path outside. Went into Gateshead and Newcastle in April, which included visiting the game developer Johan spends lots of time at. Went around the corner to vote in May and December. Newcastle again for my birthday in June. Gateshead central library with Sammie in August. Watched the Great North Run with Sammie and Martin in September. Went to the closest barbers in November. Big adventure to Tyneside Cinema and Fenwick’s Christmas window with Sammie in December, and a carol service at my parish church and then watching the Running Ninjas in my local park later in the month. Also went to the care home in March so lots of outings this year 🙂
6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you lacked in 2019?
A functioning body. (Sammie’s suggestion, which is accurate :P)
7. What will you most remember from 2019 and why?
Going to watch the Great North Run with Sammie and Martin, and taking Sammie to the cinema. They were both awesome.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going to the cinema for the first time in over eight years. That Sammie came with me made it even more awesome.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not managing a shower at all. One day I might contact the OT and let them know the shower chair isn’t suitable. Not sure if that will be this year or not though. Hopefully my recent improvement will mean I can use it again soon.
10. Did you suffer any new illness or injury?
Just colds and even more migraines. I’ll take that as a good thing 🙂
11. What was the best thing someone gave you?
Johan’s potatoes 😛 Also cuddles from Johan and Sammie. Cuddles are awesome.
12. Who impressed you this year?
Sammie for getting through a very tough time successfully. Johan continued being awesome. Friends doing awesome stuff. People surviving.
13. What made you appalled and/or depressed?
Politics. Mostly politics and the stuff around politics.
14. Other than food, bills and disability stuff, where did most of your money go?
Johan, Sammie and eBooks. I still haven’t successfully reduced my spending on them 😛
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Potatoes! Sammie! Johan! Bridges! Penguins! Trains! Going Outside! Elmers! Cute babies! Cats!
16. What big events will you remember most from 2019?
Probably the cinema trip. Also the country deciding they hate vulnerable people.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier. Still on a high from going to the cinema (and Johan’s potatoes :P)
b) healthier or more ill?
Doing better physically, in that I get less payback from outings so can go out more. Cognitively about the same.
c) richer or poorer?
My income is about the same, but bills have gone up so a little bit poorer. We manage though 🙂
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Talking to people. It’s still one of the most draining things for me to do, so I don’t get to do it much.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Panicking. I no cope well with being home alone. Johan goes out most days. It no go well.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Watching telly, eating amazing food (Johan’s potatoes! Oh, and roast chicken and stuff), napping, chatting to Sammie and opening presents. It was a good day.
21. What did you love in 2019?
Other than Johan, Sammie, and family, penguins, jaguars and cats are definitely up there. Seeing people responding to bad events with love and kindness was amazing.
22. How many trips out?
Excluding the trip to and from the care home, I went to vote twice and had 10 fun trips to barbers and on the path and into Gateshead and Newcastle. This is an improvement 😀
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
Steven Universe. I’ve yet to watch the film but the feels at the end of the season before the film were so much. I also really enjoyed The Good Place (and got Sammie into it).
24. Do you dislike anyone or anything now that you didn’t dislike this time last year?
Sammie’s dislocated knee. Johan’s bad knee (he hurt it on the 29th December). No more injuries please.
25. What was the best book you read?
Rush of Blood by Heather Shahan (sequel to last year’s favourite Burn the Ashes) was the best fiction book I read. Yes, You Are Trans Enough by Mia Violet was the best non-fiction book I read (and highly recommended to anyone who wants to learn more about coming out as trans, whether you’re trans or not).
26. What was your greatest media discovery?
The Good Place on Netflix thanks to Rammi, and LockPicking Lawyer on YouTube (I can’t remember how I got watching them, but it’s really soothing and I’ve learnt a lot about what makes a lock good or bad).
I’ve yet to play it, but I’ve really enjoyed watching others play Untitled Goose Game, and the memes that came from it.
27. What did you want and get?
Johan’s potatoes (but not for my birthday, only Christmas). Going to the cinema (and other places) with Sammie. Penguins. It was a good year.
28. What did you want and not get?
A shower. To see friends. A miracle cure 😛
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Guardians of the Galaxy 2. It was fun 🙂
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Went into Gateshead and Newcastle! Had cocktails and birthday cake and went on trains and saw bridges!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less TERFs/transphobia. It sucks.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2019?
T-shirts/pyjama tops with no bottoms in bed 😛 Dress and mermaid tail out of bed. Usually purple, penguin and/or cat 🙂
33. What kept you sane?
Johan, Sammie and Penguins. Being able to check if my hallucinations were real or not was useful as well.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Still Jessica Kellgren-Fozard. Luckily Johan’s fine with it 😛
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
All of them. Having a large Tory majority government means it’s not great for vulnerable people, and that’s before you add Brexit.
36. Who do you miss?
My friends. Ron. Everyone I struggle to communicate with.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
The other people at the Spoonie Christmas Party were awesome 🙂
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Johan’s potatoes. I still want them for my birthday 😛
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019?
It is a lovely day in the village. And you are a horrible goose.
40. A quote that sums up your year: