Stolen from Useless CPN, Serial Insomniac and Not A Nursing Student Blog. (I read a lot of blogs who read each other… which is how I found most of them.)
Anyway, 2010 in 40 questions 🙂
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Get married 😀
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I may have set some, but I couldn’t find them so have no idea if I kept them. Probably not. I have made some new ones- they’re in a recent post 🙂
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Someone who I wasn’t exactly close to, but I liked and admired, did.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Energy, and the ability to walk relatively distances again.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
13th August. I got married 🙂
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally getting properly over the 12 years of depression.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping in contact with Sammie.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I already had M.E., but I was only diagnosed in October and it got a lot worse, and my part time wheelchair use became near full time wheelchair use.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
My wedding ring (Johan bought me it :))
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Johan’s, for being being so patient and understanding through everything this year.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Living costs, wedding and holidays/honeymoon.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What songs will always remind of 2010?
Fireflies by Owl City, most of the Glee songs 🙂
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) fatter or skinnier?
I think I’m about the same, though I’ve lost and gained about a stone through the year (my weight, it be the fluctuating).
c) richer or poorer?
About the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Housework (even though it was being ill that stopped me).
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Overdoing it when I got that cold a couple of months ago, because it triggered a big relapse.
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
I spent it with Johan 🙂
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
No, because I was already in love 😛
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah. I don’t hate anyone. I strongly dislike some people (or their actions, to be more accurate) though.
25. What was the best book you read?
I can’t remember any of the books I’ve read in 2010 (that sucks).
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Brett Domino 🙂
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
A new television 😛
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday?
I feel terrible about this, but I can’t actually remember.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to enjoy being mentally much more healthy, instead of getting physically worse. Oh, and being able to remember things 🙂
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
33. What kept you sane?
Quetiapine, trazodone and chocolate.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The changes in the benefits system.
36. Who do you miss?
Quite a few people.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
There’s a few 🙂
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Eton Mess in a restaurant in the MetroCentre. It was amazing.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
Life is worth living, even if you can’t see it.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
This was a triumph. I’m making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. 🙂
2 thoughts on “2010 in Review”
“13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
Mine did. You don’t have to pretend it didn’t. I know I am bad. My eelings will not be hurt.
Congratulations on your marriage 🙂