I started doing this two years ago, and think I’ll continue 🙂
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Met some awesome friends for the first time (and hopefully not the last) 😀 (I’ve met friends before, but these specific ones only in 2012.)
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept one of them. I was happy most of the time 🙂 I’ve made new ones that are internet organisation based 🙂
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t go very far this year. I don’t think I even changed county 😛
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
I’d like to start getting better. Overall I got worse again.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Due to my brain fog, I’ll remember some events (especially moving house) but I can’t remember the dates 😛
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going to the Interface prom. It was the furthest I was able to travel all year, and it was brilliant even though we had to leave early.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Sitting up. I faint if I try, which is highly annoying 😛 I also could have done better at keeping in contact with people.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My health got a lot worse. I spent nearly the entire year in bed. Getting a tilt in space wheelchair did mean I could go out a bit until I relapsed in September though. I ended up in hospital due to the pain and not being able to swallow of the September relapse, where I discovered hospital is not the best place to be if you have severe noise and light sensitivities and are non-verbal. I’m now trying to avoid it 😛
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
That is so hard. I’ve had penguins galore, penguin thermal socks (awesome now my feet don’t know how to stay warm), a purple sparkly penguin for my birthday. I’ve had so many awesome gifts I can’t pick just one, so all of them 🙂
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Johan managed to look after me even as my health deteriorated. My friends for being awesome and helping me despite most of them being ill themselves.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
The Government. Labour haven’t been great either. The press that have been making out disabled people are all scroungers.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and disability stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
PENGUINS!!!!!! I got not quite as excited but still really really excited about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
16. What songs will always remind of 2012?
Gangnam Style by PSY
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) fatter or skinnier?
Skinnier. I wanted to stay the same but didn’t. I’m now underweight *curses body*
c) richer or poorer?
About the same really.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I’d been able to get out of bed more. It was my ME that prevented it though.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Fainting 😛 Being so ill in general.
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
I spent Christmas in bed, opened my awesome presents, and played Monopoly and had takeaway pizza for tea. Was too ill to watch Doctor Who this year though.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Nope, but I’m still madly in love with Johan 🙂
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
Doctor Who and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 😀
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
My feelings towards the government are getting closer to hatred.
25. What was the best book you read?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I also loved Realand by Dee Kirkby, and can’t wait to read the rest of the Portal series 🙂
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
A new wheelchair that enabled me to go out more than I would have otherwise. Penguin thermal socks 😛 Penguin shoes!
28. What did you want and not get?
To get better. I got worse again. Naughty body.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
I’ve not seen any films this year. I’m hoping I’ll improve enough to watch them again soon 🙂
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Had a friend come over and chat and play Draw Something on my bed. It was awesome 🙂
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being well enough to see more friends and my family. I was mostly happy though 🙂
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Pyjamas were the definite main feature. Also got a penguin onesie 😀
33. What kept you sane?
Chocolate, penguins and Twitter (Same as last year then :P)
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not really fancied any celebrities this year. Do get a little fangirlish when people I admire talk to me on Twitter (normally mildly well known people, like Bendygirl, Suey2y, or Ember Isolte)
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The rubbishment of PIP. Argh!
36. Who do you miss?
Sammie. I miss her so so much. I’m hoping to be able to contact her again properly when I improve a little.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I’m sticking with in person here, and I’m gonna say Persephone River. She stayed with us for a few weeks (as did Sanabitur Anima Mea initially) and it was awesome!
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Probably macaroni cheese. I had been craving it for ages so getting it was so so nice 🙂 It wasn’t even the best macaroni cheese in the world 😛
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?
Penguins make everything better.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I’m not well enough to even listen to songs at the moment, so I’m going to replace this answer with a picture of a penguin.
1 thought on “2012 in Review”
Penguin adoration isn’t going anywhere then? 😉
Sounds like you had a happy year, despite poorly things. Hope 2013 is a healthier and awesome year for you 🙂