I’m hoping to post the photos I took to go with this post at some point, but I’m not at home right now so will be when I’ve got more cognitive spoons to do so (I think I’ve got them online, somewhere) 🙂
Stuff has happened. Lots of stuff. Bullet point time!
- Payback from seeing my brother only lasted a couple of days. It’s been a lot shorter in general recently.
- I saw the CFS team. They are going to help me with learning safer transfers next time they visit (after I’ve seen Dr Spickett).
- I sat up independently on the edge of the bed! It was amazing and my heart didn’t start doing funky dances until after I was lying down for 30 minutes. It’s strange.
- A couple of days after that, I had no dizziness. Dizziness has been a constant of my illness since the beginning. So I sat up again. And was fine. Then I decided to try standing, and after a couple of failed attempts managed it while wearing my green high heeled boots (I can’t put my left foot flat on the floor with my leg straight) and my zimmer frame.
- Since I was standing and pretty steady with the help of the zimmer frame, I tried walking. And managed three steps! They were little steps, but I did it! Afterwards I took one step backwards and collapsed on my bed, but I walked!
- I didn’t get any payback from that, though my dizziness did come back and hasn’t gone away again since (oh well).
- I went to the local polling station in my wheelchair and voted. We’d forgotten to apply for a postal vote for me and it was a good thing in the end. I wasn’t really well enough but I managed it and wasn’t too bad afterwards 🙂
- Had visit from Sammie. I’ve been playing lots of Minecraft with her and talking on Skype with her but it was amazing to see her. We had a grown up discussion about something important she needed to talk about with me, then we had awesome mum and daughter time with lots of cuddles 🙂
- Had care plan review with someone from the care agency. Really overdid it during it (I could tell as I was struggling to answer questions from about halfway through). Got payback from that 🙁
- Johan had his care assessment finally. I did most of the talking as Johan can’t talk about himself. That was also too much but the payback (which was still happening from the last visit) only lasted a couple more days, luckily.
- Sammie made me a purple penguin house in Minecraft, and herself an ice palace (inspired by Frozen) with a jaguar. She’s much better at building in Minecraft than me 🙂
- Our upstairs neighbour’s brother broke into their flat. It was horrible. I spoke to the police when it happened (during the middle of the night) then gave a statement to the police the next day. There was also repairs done. The noise made me worse than I had been for weeks for a few days and scared us.
- Johan went to see the cricket a few times. I think he enjoyed it.
- I bought a couple of new shinies. A new SSD for my laptop and a Kindle paperwhite to read on. Yay!
- I’m now in a care home for just over a week. Came in yesterday and will be going home next Friday. This is so Johan can go to see his friends and family. It’s mostly good (though I still don’t agree with care homes).
- I had a bath! It was amazing! First bath since I moved house 😀 I feel properly clean. My hair also looks like hair, according to Johan 😛
Tomorrow Johan goes to Glasgow the Leeds. I’ll be keeping in touch with him via Google Hangouts and Sammie via Skype. It’ll be the longest we’ve been apart since he moved in but it’ll be good for him (and I can do more thanks to the hoist and a bath!).
I’ve done so much in the last few weeks and I’m really happy 😀 Johan’s assessment result said he has substantial care needs and his provisional personal budget is similar to mine, which he’s finding hard to come to terms with but he needs the help. Hopefully it’ll make our lives a bit easier, as we’re hoping to join our care packages together so we can both get the help we need.