My now annual review quiz of the year 🙂
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Get an adjustable bed. It’s made a massive difference to my quality of life.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept three of four well. I’m going to keep working on the fourth this year. I’ve made some more for 2014 (in the previous blog post).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Antarctica via the telly (yes, it’s a continent). Really though, I didn’t go further than about a mile away from home (the local hospital- the care home I stay in is even closer).
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A hoist and a shower chair so I can get out of bed and get clean 😛 Better health would be nice as well (and if it’s loads better I wouldn’t need the hoist).
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can’t remember the date due to brain fog, but I think Sammie’s visit will be remembered for a long time 🙂
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Seeing Sammie. Also probably visiting Johan in hospital 🙂
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Overall I had the worst year so far health-wise, and was bed-bound almost the entire time. I had a kidney infection as well that is still causing me problems months later.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
I don’t think this question is ever going to be easy. Johan got me a Blu-ray player and Spy in the Huddle to watch on it. Someone got me the softest penguin poncho. Sammie got me Oggy, a toy dog with a heart on saying “Love you… with all my heart!” which was incredibly thoughtful. A friend gave me loads of Christmas presents including a penguin adoption, penguin pyjama bottoms and the cutest little purple penguin. Seriously, I’ve been incredibly spoilt and I know I’ve missed some awesome presents here.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Johan’s again. My friends who have been there for me.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
Tories. Lib Dems. People who spout hatred. Atos. Whoever decided that benefit delays were not a problem (I’m lucky that mine are sorted, but Johan’s PIP claim is still waiting for ATOS to contact him).
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, bills, disability stuff and care home fees.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sammie 🙂 Talking to Sammie was amazing. Seeing Sammie was amazing. She is an amazing person.
16. What songs will always remind of 2013?
What does the fox say? And Saturday by Rebecca Black 😛
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) fatter or skinnier?
About the same, as unfortunately I lost some of the weight I regained over the year. I’ll get it back though 🙂
c) richer or poorer?
Richer, as although my income hasn’t increased my outgoings have dropped a bit.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Keeping in touch with people. Getting out of bed.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
I spent most of Christmas sleeping, as I was in the middle of a relapse. I’ve got my Christmas dinner to look forward to and I got some lovely presents though 🙂
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I fell more in love with Johan, if that counts? 🙂
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
Doctor Who, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Penguins of Madagascar 🙂
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hatred is such a strong term. I still strongly dislike the government but I believe that was the case last year as well.
25. What was the best book you read?
Raffie Island and Queenland from the Portal series by Dee Kirkby for children’s books, Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson for adults.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn’t listen to much music this year, so I can’t think of any.
27. What did you want and get?
To see Sammie 🙂 A Blu-ray player and Spy in the Huddle on Blu-ray. Purple penguins.
28. What did you want and not get?
My health to improve, and a hoist so I could get out of bed.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
I watched The Hunger Games. That was awesome.
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Slept and had a takeaway. I wasn’t doing brilliantly.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to get out of bed, being able to communicate more with friends and family. I was still happy though 🙂
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Purple penguin hat 😛 Also wearing a purple Snuggie a lot over pyjamas.
33. What kept you sane?
Chocolate, penguins, Twitter and friends 🙂
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t think there were any this year.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Welfare reform rubbish, including Bedroom Tax, PIP, ESA and other stuff.
36. Who do you miss?
Sammie, my friends.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I honestly don’t know.
38. What was the best thing you ate?
The chip I had from Johan’s takeaway when I started recovering from my relapse just after Christmas 😛
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013?
As much as I want to, I can’t save the world or even my friends. I can try and cheer them up a bit, though.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
No songs, instead Poseidon wants his self portrait here 😛
3 thoughts on “2013 In Review”
I hope 2014 is awesome and penguin-filled. Happy New Year 🙂
Holly Patricia Louise liked this on Facebook.
Stephanie Marsh liked this on Facebook.